Thursday, December 18, 2008

Somewhere Between Friendship and Howard

I rode out to Jamestown, which from where I live, is about a five hour drive one way. It's a rather brain-numbing experience to go such a long distance and back in a day. To top it off, my friend and I hadn't slept well for a few days before that. By the time we hit the halfway mark on the way back, we had become delirious, laughing over two towns, named "Friendship" and "Howard". I promised to write about them, and as much as I'd like to take back that promise, here they are in full splendor.

In other news, I found a notebook filled with poetry I wrote from 2003. While most of it was abysmal, some of the poems were gems, and will eventually find their way into very harsh, but nurturing, revisions.

And, in domestic news, my room's carpet is now visible.

Adieu.

No comments: