Thursday, December 4, 2008

Scenes From the Archivist

After I got out of work, I got caught in a massive detour around Main St. They decided to shut down the main road so people could have horse cart rides down Main Street. Historic downtown, and all that. I was stuck outside a parking lot for 15 minutes, and before I knew it, the sections of the lot were different government types, allocating their parking spots preferentially, according to their political alignment. Big freaking whoop.

I bought another collection of Bukowski's poetry, and I am, as always, impressed at how blunt he can be. Also bought a sketch pad for inking things; I want to be artsy, apparently. A friend from the interwebs is coming to visit next week. I hope she's not a sketch.

And, for tonight's great endeavor, I've decided to consolidate the entirety of my myspace blog into one giant chunk of relevant and worthwhile chunks, starting now.



"For some unforseen reason, I feel compelled to talk about absolutely nothing."
November 09, 2005

"...next time you think about criticizing me, ask yourself why the hell you're on my blog. And how many chromosomes you may or may not have."
April 09, 2006

"I no longer have to drink water, I just open my mouth and inhale."
June 04, 2006, on the humidity

"too much water... I can't go anywhere, I can't do anything. I want to do something, let people know I'm alive.. anything at all will do."
June 30, 2006, on the flood

"I'm going to try and appreciate what little free time I have left in my life. Guess I'll go watch MASH"
September 27, 2006

"The message was worth it, in a world where music and poetry [lost their] meaning in a post-modern tempest"
October 9, 2006

"I would now like to reproach my younger, far more naive self."
December 9, 2007

"Haha, you increased by blog views."
January 29, 2007, the entire blog

"Actually, it's more like watching the stupidity drain from my writing."
January 30, 2007, on reading old posts

"My IP address is 127.0.0.1, I dare you to DOS it."
May 28, 2007

"It's almost like I'm waiting for something... some whisper"
June 08, 2007, listening to the rain

"I am shutting down my account."
June 18, 2008



In retrospect, what a pathetic blog. I had to weed through pages of drivel to find halfway decent lines.

No comments: